Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Change the date of a new investment

General questions about using Fund Manager that do not fit into any other forum.

Postby rhakim » Tue Jan 28, 2020 7:10 pm

I added a new investment manually but can't seem to find a way to change the date that I created the investment. e.g. I created an investment on 1/27/20 but want to change the date to 12/31/2019
rhakim

Postby Mark » Wed Jan 29, 2020 7:57 am

Hi rhakim,

Open up the investment in the Data Register. You can do this by double clicking it in the Portfolio Editor, or use "View / All Data..." and select the investment in question. From within the Data Register you can edit all the data. You'll probably want to edit the transaction date, and also the closing price. So, use the "All Transactions" and "Prices" data types to edit both. For more help, watch our Data Register Tutorial.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby rhakim » Wed Jan 29, 2020 8:51 am

Thanks Mark for your timely response and thanks for continuing to offer such a well thought out and executed software package for 13 years I have been a user.

What I was trying to do was to change the 'Date created' in the '.DAT file' under the 'new investment'
rhakim

Postby Mark » Wed Jan 29, 2020 8:56 am

Hi rhakim,

Where are you viewing this "Date created"? In File Explorer in Windows? If so, you can't edit this from within Fund Manager. You might be able to modify the file properties using some other method in Windows, but this doesn't have any impact on Fund Manager.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby rhakim » Wed Jan 29, 2020 8:11 pm

Just to close the loop on this subject yes I was in a Windows DAT file that is not inside Fund Manager. I got to the DAT file by clicking on the "open investment" button inside Fund Manger not "new investment" as I said in my earlier post.
rhakim

Return to General