Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

User defined variables

General questions about using Fund Manager that do not fit into any other forum.

Postby Mary Kennedy » Tue Jan 28, 2020 12:22 pm

I am trying to learn to create new variables. I succeeded in creating some with the Investment Properties/Custom menu, where I could stipulated a value for each holding. I created two other new variables using the Custom Settings/Define Fields menu, where I define a rule or formula for each variable.

Now I want to create a third new variable that would be derived from the other two rule-based variables but they don't appear on your list of available variables. Oddly, those that were created via the Investment Properties menu appear, but those that were created via the Define Fields menu do not. What am I doing wrong here?
Mary Kennedy

Postby Mark » Wed Jan 29, 2020 7:49 am

Hi Mary Kennedy,

You aren't doing anything wrong. User-defined custom report fields are not the same as custom investment properties. One is for Custom reports and one is a property of investments. You can use custom investment properties in a user-defined custom report field, but you cannot use one user-defined field in another. You can copy the whole equation from one user-defined field, and add to it in the new user-defined field, and accomplish the same result that way.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Return to General