Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

margin fee recording

General questions about using Fund Manager that do not fit into any other forum.

Postby drwehby » Sat Jan 18, 2020 3:29 pm

Hello Mark,
The margin fee from my Fidelity account gets recorded in my default cash folder as type "Redemption" (with a red down-arrow) with the memo "Margin Interest Adjustment". In my TDAmeritrade account, however, it is being recorded in a hidden unnamed folder (that can be seen in the Distribution Summary and other reports) as type "Account Fee" (with a horizontal red rightward-pointing-arrow), with memo "Margin Interest Adjustment" BUT also in my default cash folder as type "Redemption" (with a red-down arrow) with memo "(Imported) Distributed account fee from ". It's not double-counting because only the Redemption is listed in the Distribution Report. Does the way the margin fee is recorded just depend on the brokerage, or is that something I selected without realizing? Is this something I can adjust, because I'd prefer to have the margin interest show in my default cash folder, as happens with my Fidelity account. Thanks,
drwehby

Postby Mark » Sat Jan 18, 2020 4:14 pm

Hi drwehby,

This isn't something you can adjust. It is recorded based on how it is reported by the broker. It sounds like in the TD case they are putting the Account Fee into some special investment, and then FM is automatically recording the corresponding entry into your default cash account. You can un-hide this investment, so you can at least see it.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby drwehby » Sat Jan 18, 2020 4:17 pm

Hi Mark,
Got it. Thanks!
drwehby

Return to General