Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Trouble with Reconciliation

General questions about using Fund Manager that do not fit into any other forum.

Postby jfmoore » Tue Dec 24, 2019 12:48 pm

Just downloaded the trial and I'm having trouble with reconciling my initial import from my brokerage. Here's the issue:

1. BOFI Holding (BOFI) became Axos Financial, Inc. (AX) in Sept 2018.
2. When the New Portfolio Setup Wizard retrieves this position from TDA, it has the new company name, Axos Financial, but the old symbol (BOFI).
3. So, I changed the symbol to AX.
4. When I reconcile, it shows two errors. The item I've edited shows as not found in the brokerage statement, and the item in the brokerage statement shows as not found in FM.
5. I tried importing without changing the symbol, then running the reconciliation, then changing the symbol. But then I still ended up with a reconciliation error because although the edited entry shows as reconciled, any new reconciliation still identifies the position from the brokerage as missing.
jfmoore

Postby Mark » Tue Dec 24, 2019 12:59 pm

Hi jfmoore,

When reconciling by retrieving a statement, the primary "key" for matching up investments is the CUSIP property (not the symbol). Try changing the CUSIP in your FM investment to match what the broker is reporting as the expected investment. An easy way to find this CUSIP value is to hilight the brokerage investment in the Reconciliation Wizard, and choose "Edit...". It will ask you if you want to create a new investment. Say "Yes", and the "New Investment Dialog" will come up, showing the CUSIP. You can then Cancel this, and go edit your existing investment you want to match up with this, to have this CUSIP. You can do this right in the Reconciliation Wizard by right mouse clicking on that FM investment, and choosing "Investment Properties...".
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby jfmoore » Tue Dec 24, 2019 1:19 pm

Perfect! Worked. Thank you!
jfmoore

Return to General