Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Change in ETF ticker

General questions about using Fund Manager that do not fit into any other forum.

Postby prasannainv » Thu Dec 12, 2019 5:35 pm

IPE ticker changed to SPIP. Portfolio Performance reports are showing up incorrectly. The data register is correct with respect to information. What should I do to fix it? The End value is half of the beg value
Last edited by prasannainv on Fri Dec 13, 2019 3:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
prasannainv

Postby Mark » Thu Dec 12, 2019 5:37 pm

Hi prasannainv,

What is showing incorrectly? The symbol? Some price?

You can update the symbol under "Investment Properties...". Updating the symbol will also change how the price is retrieved.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby prasannainv » Fri Dec 13, 2019 3:52 am

The End value is half of the beg value. I was able to update the ticker and it reflected correctly on the report and register.
prasannainv

Postby prasannainv » Mon Dec 16, 2019 9:51 am

Mark- you have any inputs for me to avoid this? To restate- the end value is half of the beg value. I tried deleting the info and importing again. The value comes in fine but the Performance report shows end value incorrectly.
prasannainv

Postby Mark » Mon Dec 16, 2019 9:58 am

Hi prasannainv,

Sorry, I read your prior post to mean everything was okay now. The end value on the performance report is simply the number of shares you own times the market price on the ending report date. So, if the ending value is wrong, one of those 2 things is wrong. To figure this out, you can create a Portfolio Value report for the same date as the ending date of your Portfolio Performance report. It will show you how many shares you own, and the price on that date for those shares. See which one is incorrect, and correct it. If it is a price, use the Data Register, and look under the "Data Type" of "Prices". If it is the shares, use the Data Register, and look under "All Transactions", as the share balance is simply the sum of all share transactions up through that date. If the share balance is off, one or more of your transactions is incorrect/missing/etc.
Thanks,
Mark
Mark
Site Admin

Postby prasannainv » Mon Dec 16, 2019 8:02 pm

No problem Mark. Thanks for your detailed reply. I see that the End value is correct. But the beginning value is not. Where can i have that corrected? The data register has the correct info. If I run the report as on date, it looks good. But if i run it from Oct 1, the beg value is twice the end value
prasannainv

Postby Mark » Mon Dec 16, 2019 8:57 pm

Hi prasannainv,

The beginning value works the same way, but for the beginning report date. The beginning value is the closing value the day before the beginning report date. So, if your report starts on 1/1/19, the beginning value is the ending value on 12/31/18. So, create a Portfolio Value report for the day before your Portfolio Performance report's beginning date, and you can see the price/shares/value.
Thanks,
Mark
Mark
Site Admin

Postby prasannainv » Tue Dec 17, 2019 5:21 am

I played around with dates and this is what I see. The data register for All transactions has a Distribution row coming in on 9/23. The number of shares are correct. There are 3 dividend received rows after 9/23. On the performance report both the beginning value and end value are wrong (doubled) till Nov 15. From Nov 16, the end value is correct but the beginning value stays doubled. How can I correct this scenario? Am I missing anything?
prasannainv

Postby Mark » Tue Dec 17, 2019 9:18 am

Hi prasannainv,

Let's focus on a single date, the ending date of your Portfolio Performance report. If you create a Portfolio Value report for that date, are the number of shares correct? Is the value correct? Please try to give me some specifics, like the date, shares, price, and value. Dividends received do not factor in here, we are focused on the share balance and price on this date. Dividends do not affect this. Share balance on a given date is calculated by summing all share transactions (buys/sells/transfers) up to and including this date. If the share balance is correct, and the closing price is correct, then the market value will be correct.
Thanks,
Mark
Mark
Site Admin

Postby prasannainv » Fri Dec 27, 2019 2:18 pm

Mark- sorry for the delay. Please find additional detail below:

ETF- SPIP.. Customer has 438 qty
On the portfolio performance report:
End value -
as on Oct 14- $ 25,018.56
as on Nov 15- $ 25,018.56
as on Nov 16- $ 12,434.82

I ran with beginning date of Oct 1 on all three above cases - Beg value - $ 25,018.56

Please let me know if you need any further information.
prasannainv

Postby Mark » Fri Dec 27, 2019 4:10 pm

Hi prasannainv,

What is incorrect, or the problem? It might be better to just give me a call, so we can do a quick web meeting.
Thanks,
Mark
Mark
Site Admin

Return to General