Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Downloading transactions from Chase

General questions about using Fund Manager that do not fit into any other forum.

Postby Kaveh » Sat Dec 07, 2019 4:06 pm

Hello!
I am not able to download transactions into Fund Manager from my Chase account.
Thanks!
Kaveh

Postby Mark » Sat Dec 07, 2019 4:13 pm

Hi Kaveh,

Is this an "Investment" account you're trying to retrieve, and not a "banking" account? What happens when you try?
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby Kaveh » Sat Dec 07, 2019 4:22 pm

Thank you for getting back with me so quickly. This is an investment account (so called You Invest) with Chase/JP Morgan. As you know I have to select either Chase New/Old or JP Morgan New/Old/Private Banking. When I choose Chase New I get the following message in FM:
You need to verify your identity. Log on to your online account and go to secure messages and verify your identity.
I have done this multiple times but FM can still not retrieve.
Kaveh

Postby Mark » Sat Dec 07, 2019 4:26 pm

Hi Kaveh,

If you log into your chase account online, do you see the secure message okay? Are you able to do whatever it tells you to do?

Are there instructions in your Chase account for downloading into Quicken? Whatever instructions they provide for Quicken should be applicable to Fund Manager as well. They are both using the OFX interface.
Thanks,
Mark
Mark
Site Admin

Postby Kaveh » Sat Dec 07, 2019 4:31 pm

I saw the message in my account and clicked on a hyperlink it provided asking me to verify my identity. Clicking on it took me back to my account page in Chase. I did not receive any confirmation that my identity was verified. When I go back to FM and try to download it again gives me the same message about having to go to my account online at Chase and verify my identity there but I do not see any new messages there.
Kaveh

Postby Mark » Sat Dec 07, 2019 5:46 pm

Hi Kaveh,

I don't have the specific instructions for Chase, but hopefully if you contact them, they can help make sure you're getting verified. This step is Chase specific. Please ask them for instructions to retrieve transactions into Quicken, and follow those same instructions for Fund Manager.
Thanks,
Mark
Mark
Site Admin

Postby Kaveh » Sun Dec 08, 2019 12:24 pm

I have done so. Their response is that with Quicken software no second verification is required (that which FM asks for). There is a setting at Chase where one allows for personal finance management software to retrieve account data. I have enabled this within Chase, but then FM asks me to go into Chase and verify my identity. Chase says they do not have this issue with Quicken and say I should contact the Fund Manager software maker as they are not trained in handling other software issues.
What do I do?
Thanks!
Kaveh

Postby Mark » Sun Dec 08, 2019 12:42 pm

Hi Kaveh,

Did they say whether your account should be using the New or Old interface? Which one are you using?

FM is not the one asking you to go into Chase. It is just displaying the message provided by Chase's OFX server when it makes the request to their OFX server. Both Quicken and FM make the exact same request, so should be getting the same response from Chase's OFX server.

This can be difficult to track down, but one option is to try it in Quicken and see if that works.
Thanks,
Mark
Mark
Site Admin

Postby Kaveh » Sun Dec 08, 2019 12:54 pm

I think the problem might have been due to a pop-up blocker in my browser. Unfortunately now that I try with pop-up blocker out of the way I still get the same message from FM but the secure message is no longer displayed in Chase for me to verify my identity. Do I wait 7 days? How do I use Quicken?
Kaveh

Postby Kaveh » Sun Dec 08, 2019 1:17 pm

Thank you it is working now. The problem was the pop-up blocker.
Thanks again and Merry Christmas!
Kaveh

Postby bvzastrow » Sat Mar 13, 2021 10:43 am

@Kaveh - I just opened a Chase You Invest account as well, but can't figure out the FM retrieve setting (which work fine for my ETRade accounts). Which internet retrieve server are your choosing in FM? "Chase Investments"? "J.P. Morgan Securities"?, "JPMorgan Funds"?
bvzastrow

Postby bvzastrow » Mon Mar 15, 2021 7:28 pm

Mark,

I still can't connect to my Chase You Invest account. This is what Chase is saying about connecting thru Quicken:
"To download your brokerage info to Quicken, choose "Tools," then "Add Account" and "Brokerage." Choose "Chase Investments-New" and put in your username and password. You’ll receive a message saying “please verify your identity.” We’ll then send you an identification code through the Secure Message Center. Look for the message "Action required," then choose "Confirm Your Identity." Once we confirm it’s you, go back and follow the steps for downloading info to Quicken."

So it sounds like Quicken has some two-factor authentication going on. Can FM deal with this?
bvzastrow

Postby bvzastrow » Mon Mar 15, 2021 7:33 pm

Attached is what the FAQs say about desktop software access
Attachments
Screenshot 2021-03-15 213156.jpg
Screenshot 2021-03-15 213156.jpg (46.57 KiB) Viewed 2933 times
bvzastrow

Postby bvzastrow » Mon Mar 15, 2021 7:43 pm

I'm actually getting the following error from FM, but the username and password are fine and correct (I tried them again on the Chase website):
Screenshot 2021-03-15 214030.jpg
Screenshot 2021-03-15 214030.jpg (22.58 KiB) Viewed 2931 times

and then:
Last edited by bvzastrow on Tue Mar 16, 2021 6:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
bvzastrow

Postby Mark » Mon Mar 15, 2021 8:29 pm

Both Quicken and FM use the same OFX technology, so whatever instructions they provide for Quicken, should work the same in FM. Did you receive the message to verify your identity?
Thanks,
Mark
Mark
Site Admin

Next

Return to General