Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Asset Type / Sector Retrieval

General questions about using Fund Manager that do not fit into any other forum.

Postby matteopeo » Fri Nov 01, 2019 9:06 am

Hi Mark,

I was under the impression that with the 2020 version I would have been able to use a separate investment symbol specifically for the Asset Type and Sector retrieval server.

My bad in misunderstanding, but still wondering if that could ever be implemented.

I use WSJ for price retrievals (so I use the WSJ symbols), but that prevents me from retrieving the other data, that require Morningstar or Yahoo symbols...

Thanks anyway for the great software and ongoing improvements you constantly implement!

Cheers,

Matteo
matteopeo

Postby Mark » Fri Nov 01, 2019 1:57 pm

Hi Matteo,

Sorry, this feature wasn't added into FM 2020. I do agree it is a worthwhile feature, and hope to be able to add it in the future.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby matteopeo » Sun Nov 03, 2019 4:22 am

Thank for the reply Mark,

I'll keep my fingers crossed,

Cheers
matteopeo

Postby Djobydjoba » Sun Nov 03, 2019 4:33 am

Hi matteopeo,

You can already use an alternate symbol for the historical server. So perhaps you could keep WSJ for the historical price retrievals, and use Morningstar or Yahoo for the current price retrievals and so the for the Asset Type / Sector Retrieval?
Djobydjoba

Postby Mark » Sun Nov 03, 2019 8:46 am

Djobydjoba makes a good suggestion. Also, just because it is labelled as the symbol for the "historical" server doesn't mean you have to use a historical server. You can pick any server for the "historical" server. So, enter your WSJ symbols for the historical symbol, and use the Morningstar symbols in the regular symbol property. You can then retrieve asset type/sector from Morningstar, and assign WSJ as your historical server. If you ever want historical prices, change your historical server from WSJ to WSJ (Historical).
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Return to General