Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Portfolio Editor window Background Color

General questions about using Fund Manager that do not fit into any other forum.

Postby divinest » Mon Oct 07, 2019 1:14 pm

Hi Mark, Is there a way to change the background color to dark background. With the recent themes in windows to have dark/light - wanted to see if FM can be configured to either match the windows theme or custom config the background color. If not available may be something for future releases. Thanks!
divinest

Postby Mark » Mon Oct 07, 2019 2:06 pm

Hi divinest,

The Portfolio Editor uses the default colors, based on your Windows color theme/settings. If you change it in Windows, this should apply to the Portfolio Editor as well.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby divinest » Mon Oct 07, 2019 3:58 pm

Thanks Mark - i tried changing the windows 10 theme, however that does not appear to have an effect on the FM 2020 portfolio editor background color. Have you tried to change the white background to black, can you post the steps. Thanks much
divinest

Postby Mark » Mon Oct 07, 2019 5:00 pm

Hi divinest,

I just tested this from here, using Windows 7. It worked as expected. If you go here:

Control Panel\Appearance and Personalization\Personalization

you can choose from different "Themes". If you pick one with a black background, and then start FM you should see the background of the Portfolio Editor being black. I tested it with a theme of "High Contrast Black". I'm not sure if you'll have the same named theme, but the idea is to pick one where all the backgrounds are black, or whatever you want.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby divinest » Mon Oct 07, 2019 5:18 pm

Thanks Mark - that worked.
divinest

Return to General