Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Newbie question regarding Sterling currency

General questions about using Fund Manager that do not fit into any other forum.

Postby Gillyches » Tue Aug 06, 2019 11:50 pm

Hello,

I'm currently evaluating Fund Manager because my previous program has ceased updating prices and to that end I'm trying out this program to see if I can use it.

My problem is that I've entered my portfolio with original cost of shares but sometimes entered the cost wrongly and so the end result isn't right.

Example- Alumasc price was 84p and I probably entered it as 84 (rather than as .84) ... which would translate to £84 per share within the program. Is there any way that I can edit an original price without having to delete the holding and start again? Otherwise, as you can imagine my total values are off the wall!

I'm enjoying trying to use the program...but it's a steep learning curve for a novice! :shock:

Gillyches
Gillyches

Postby aviator » Wed Aug 07, 2019 1:49 am

Have you considered editing your original transactions that established the cost basis? I emphasize editing vs. deleting and re-entering. Should be a simple fix but I highly recommend backups (several of them if you're like me) before starting.
aviator

Postby Gillyches » Wed Aug 07, 2019 1:53 am

Hello Aviator,
I can't see how to edit them...I've looked on the Help menu and tried to work out how to do that...but I can't find anything that approximates to editing the original price.

Do you know how to do it? In very simple instructions, please, if you know.
Gillyches

Postby aviator » Wed Aug 07, 2019 5:59 am

Click on the security you're trying to fix in the portfolio editor.
Open the data register by double clicking on said security.
Scroll through the transactions to find your starting point (a buy, transfer in, what have you).
aviator

Postby Mark » Wed Aug 07, 2019 7:06 am

Hi Gillyches,

As aviator pointed out, you are looking for the "Data Register". This is where you can view/add/edit all your transactions. We have a Data Register Tutorial you might like to watch.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby Gillyches » Wed Sep 04, 2019 8:02 am

Thank you both Mark and Aviator!!

Sorted.... phew! It took a while but I'm there.

Cheers!!
Gillyches

Return to General