Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Inadvertently Deleted Entire Portfolio

General questions about using Fund Manager that do not fit into any other forum.

Postby 2whiteroses » Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:14 pm

Don't want to duplicate work - I have emailed and am posting same problem here just to be sure but am desperate for a quick answer if possible from either way. PROBLEM = I inadvertently deleted an entire portfolio with information that goes back a decade or more..... I see no way to recover this portfolio... Please tell me I'm overlooking something before I really panic... If worse comes to worse, I may be able to use my pc backup software but it is out of date by a month or more. Is there a way to recover this portfolio as it is today just before I blew it?
2whiteroses

Postby Mark » Wed Jul 10, 2019 4:03 pm

Hello,

Can you reopen your portfolio? If not, you can restore from a .FMB backup. FM makes automatic backups. See Options / General Preferences... / Data for the location of these backups. Use File / Restore... to restore.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby 2whiteroses » Wed Jul 10, 2019 5:36 pm

Mark - Thanks for the quick response.... When I go to File/Open Portfolio the named Portfolio is there, but when I click on it, there's no longer any data when it opens... When I go to Options/General Preferences/Data, I find Automatic BackUp set for every 3 days and location = D:Documents/Fund Manager/Autoback. There are individual .fmb files in Autoback listed under the portolio's name along with other fmb files from the 4 other portfolios I monitor... Am I supposed to highlight just those file names, right click them and then use "Restore Previous versions" in Win 10? OR, Am I supposed to START this process with the Restore function WITHIN Fund Manager that I find in File/Restore, find the proper fmb files there by browsing to the identified location and then use that Restore function.... I'm guessing the latter but don't want to screw it up further .....thnx again
2whiteroses

Postby 2whiteroses » Wed Jul 10, 2019 5:38 pm

Mark - Never mind... Re reading I find my answer is within your original post..... I'll use File/Restore
2whiteroses

Postby 2whiteroses » Wed Jul 10, 2019 5:43 pm

Thank you thank you thank you! Mission accomplished....
2whiteroses

Return to General