Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Vanguard retrieve

General questions about using Fund Manager that do not fit into any other forum.

Postby prasannainv » Fri Jun 07, 2019 5:31 am

I see two thing 1) when retrieving from multiple brokerage accounts within a Vanguard login/password, some of the accounts come in correctly but some do not. Any idea why would that be the case?
2) Vanguard retrieve seems to be working from sub portfolio retrieve but when trying from New Portfolio Setup Wizard, it does not work. Any special steps for Vanguard?
prasannainv

Postby Mark » Fri Jun 07, 2019 5:42 am

Hi prasannainv,

1) What specifically isn't working? Are they failing to retrieve at all, or the data is coming in with incorrect data somehow?

2) Can you clarify what you mean by "does not work"? I'm assuming it is failing to retrieve at all.
If so, try making sure you only have numbers in the account number, or try leaving it blank, and letting FM get a list of available account numbers from Vanguard for you.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby prasannainv » Fri Jun 07, 2019 7:02 am

Mark wrote:Hi prasannainv,

1) What specifically isn't working? Are they failing to retrieve at all, or the data is coming in with incorrect data somehow?

Yes the positions are not retrieved completely. In this specific case there are only two fund positions in the account, both the codes came in but the qty and price are incorrect. As I had mentioned before, 2 other vanguard accounts worked fine. Only this account seems to have this problem. I tried Closing and doing it again but that did not help

2) Can you clarify what you mean by "does not work"? I'm assuming it is failing to retrieve at all.
If so, try making sure you only have numbers in the account number, or try leaving it blank, and letting FM get a list of available account numbers from Vanguard for you.- I tried again now and its working well. So may be something at that point in time.Please ignore this for now

\
prasannainv

Return to General