Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Management Fees Report.

General questions about using Fund Manager that do not fit into any other forum.

Postby aviator » Tue May 28, 2019 4:13 pm

The hidden accounts that are appearing with zero balances don't have a management fee assigned. They are, however, children of a parent sub-portfolio that do. Not sure if that makes a difference. Also, these sub-portfolios are linked to other sub-portfolios.

Here's what's interesting: If I run the report over "last quarters" date range, I don't see the hidden accounts. But if I change the date range to "current quarter" (and not change anything else), the hidden accounts appear with zero balances.
aviator

Postby Mark » Wed May 29, 2019 10:15 am

Hi aviator,

If a sub-portfolio is listed it is because it either:

1) It has an assigned management fee method
2) Or it is a child of a sub-portfolio with a tiered % management fee method with the option to "Report Fees at Account Level" that has a non-empty account number

If a sub is a link, then the properties of the target sub-portfolio are used when determining whether to display or not. If it is listed for either of the reasons above, it can then be hidden if you have on the option:

Options / Report Preferences... / Management Fees / Hide Items with No Fees

If a sub-portfolio has zero fees (not even 1 penny), and there were no errors calculating the fees for that item, it will be hidden if this option is on.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby aviator » Thu May 30, 2019 8:33 am

It was the non-empty account number field that tripped me up. Your option 2 correctly identified my situation... only problem was that I still had the account number in the field. After deleting it, I'm now getting the results I need. Thanks for your help.
aviator

Previous

Return to General