Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Advisor Version: Clients and Sub-Portfolios.

General questions about using Fund Manager that do not fit into any other forum.

Postby aviator » Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:39 pm

Hi Mark,

I took the plunge and upgraded to the advisor version primarily for its ability to calculate user fees.

Here's my problem: I can't subtotal the Management Fees report by client. I have clients assigned to each sub-portfolio using the Client Information screen (I only input first and last name, and used the drop down to assign a sub-portfolio to my client.)

When I run the report, I get a <not assigned> at the bottom of the (non-subtotaled) list of accounts. What am I doing wrong?
aviator

Postby Mark » Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:53 pm

Hi aviator,

Could you have a different *.mm4 file open than where you assigned your clients? If you go back to the client list you can verify they are assigned to your current portfolio file.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby aviator » Sat Apr 06, 2019 5:11 pm

OK, for some reason a new file called Client List was created but reverted to my original .mm4. Added back my clients -- when I click on the sub-portfolio properties, a client is assigned.

But when I run the report I still get the <not assigned>. What am I doing wrong?
aviator

Postby Mark » Sat Apr 06, 2019 5:30 pm

Hi Aviator,

I'm not sure. I'm on vacation now, through next week. Please see if watching thus tutorial on using clients doesn't help

https://youtu.be/Ct6oZHFDY6E

If the problem persists we can do a web meeting when I get back.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby aviator » Sat Apr 06, 2019 5:53 pm

The tutorial didn't help much as I already had my hierarchy set up.

I'm frustrated now, but I'll try again later this week. It's got to be something obvious -- all sub-portfolios have a client assigned (am no longer getting <not assigned>) but I just can't get the report to sub-total by client. Weird.

I'll follow up when you're back from vacation. Thanks.
aviator

Return to General