Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Asset Types Not Updating Correctly

General questions about using Fund Manager that do not fit into any other forum.

Postby B2B_Investing » Fri Apr 05, 2019 6:54 pm

Hi Mark,

I am having some trouble with asset types not updating correctly. I have multiple 529 accounts with same provider in the following structure. When I am at the Master or submaster level and I update the asset type, I noticed it did not cascade down to all of the sub accounts. All accounts have the same investments in them and the ticker symbols update successfully when downloaded. The only way I can get the asset types to update in these accounts are if I update the asset types update them while in the lowest level of the structure below. Then it works as expected though that is an awkward way to do this. Thoughts? What can I provide you to help troubleshoot this?

Master
__Sub Master
___Person 1
______529 Account
___Person 2
______529 Account
______529 Account
___Person 3
______529 Account
______529 Account
___Person 4
______529 Account

Jason
B2B_Investing

Postby Mark » Fri Apr 05, 2019 8:05 pm

Hi Jason,

I'm not able to reproduce this here. Is this something you can reproduce? If so, can you email us the log file (Help / Logs / Asset Type Retrieve...)?
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby B2B_Investing » Fri Aug 02, 2019 11:12 am

Hi Mark,

Thanks for helping me diagnose this. For the benefit of those on the forum, the investment is held in multiple accounts. The Asset Type was incorrectly listed for one of of the investments and it happened to be the first one queried for updating the asset type. Because it was the wrong asset type, the retrieve was unsuccessful however the logfile did not show this.

Mark showed me a simple custom report where I could pull the asset type for a specific ticker symbol and could see the same ticker had multiple asset types. Easy enough to correct.

Thanks again Mark for a great product!

Jason
B2B_Investing

Postby aviator » Sat Aug 03, 2019 10:32 am

Your custom report would be helpful to double-check that an investment held in multiple accounts have the same asset type. Not sure what version you're on, but Advisor has the symbol list menu option that shows discrepancies (and similarities) with investment held in multiple accounts. I've found this feature extremely helpful when setting investment properties across multiple accounts.
aviator

Return to General