Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Sold (Closed) files

General questions about using Fund Manager that do not fit into any other forum.

Postby HCPierce » Mon Dec 03, 2007 3:24 pm

Mark;

I have a few portfolios. I maintain these portfolios grouped as a named portfolio of active files of currently held securities and another portfolio (same name) of inactive/closed files of sold securities which are now retained for history and record purposes. To date, the only way I've used to transfer a secutity file from an active portfolio to an inactive/closed portfolio is to use Windows Explorer to find the portfolio folders and move the the security file from one folder to the other folder.

Is there some easier way to transfer a file from one portfolio to another portfolio??

H. C. Pierce, "Chuck", Dana Point, CA
HCPierce

Postby Mark » Mon Dec 03, 2007 4:22 pm

Hi Chuck,

Are you using separate portfolio files (*.mm4), or sub-portfolios? I would suggest just using a single portfolio file, but have multiple sub-portfolios. You can have 1 sub-portfolio where you put these closed positions, and another for your active positions. When you want to move an investment, just use the Portfolio Editor, and drag/drop it from one sub-portfolio to the other.

You might like to read this tutorial on the Portfolio Editor to get a better idea of the capabilities:

Portfolio Editor Tutorial
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Return to General