Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

updating sectors

General questions about using Fund Manager that do not fit into any other forum.

Postby JeanneMarie » Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:46 pm

On the SECTOR tab in INVESTMENT PROPERTIES, I have "do not update when retrieving sectors" checked for a number of mutual funds. But when I retrieve sectors, Fund Manager does not skip those mutual funds, undoing a lot of tedious manual entry. I would very much like to stop this behavior. Am I missing something?

PS: Yes, I checked for updates and I am up to date.
JeanneMarie

Postby Mark » Sun Jan 20, 2019 7:52 am

Hi JeanneMarie,

I'm not able to reproduce that problem here. What version of Fund Manager are you using? See "Help / About...".

How exactly are you verify those funds aren't skipped? If you're seeing their symbol during the sector retrieve it may be that you have another fund with that symbol that is set to retrieve. If you go back and look at the sector properties of the investment, were the sectors actually changed? Is the "do not update when retrieving sectors" option still checked?
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby JeanneMarie » Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:08 am

This is looking quite unpredictable. We're going to have to back burner it since I'll be away for a while. I'll then keep careful notes. One thing I could be doing wrong is right-clicking on PROPERTIES from a report rather than from the Portfolio Editor (faster/easier in this particular case). I had noticed that open reports seem to update immediately after a transaction retrieval for example, so I thought that was safe. But I'm beginning to think there could be a lag and that would introduce unpredictable delays and anomalies. I do believe I saw that this morning.

Yes, the check marks are there and my version is up-to-date (2018.15.4.100, quote module 535). Transaction module was 235, and I just updated to 236.

I'll stop now so you don't think I'm hearing voices or otherwise hallucinating (as I thought this morning). The burden is on me. Thanks for taking a few minutes with this. Your finding nothing is useful info.
JeanneMarie

Postby Mark » Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:11 am

Hi JeanneMarie,

Sounds good. BTW, it should be perfectly fine to access the investment properties from a report window. If you're able to reproduce some problem, please let us know.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Return to General