Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

More investment management support

General questions about using Fund Manager that do not fit into any other forum.

Postby FrankenBoot » Thu Dec 13, 2018 12:52 pm

After spending hours googling looking for a way to track my Unit Trust/OEIC this seemed to be a very good software platform however when trying out the program and using the portfolio wizard it seems to be something easy to use however I noticed that I could not find my investment manager company, more specifically Legal & General.

Are there any plans to add L&G at least? It would be an instant buy for me.
FrankenBoot

Postby Mark » Thu Dec 13, 2018 1:01 pm

Hi FrankenBoot,

We will add support for any management company that makes the required "Open Financial Exchange" (OFX) server available. We support all of them that we're aware offer this capability. This OFX server is an open standard, and makes it possible for you to use 3rd party programs to access your transaction/position data in an automated manner. We have a FAQ on this here.

If your broker doesn't offer an OFX server, you may be able to "download" your transaction history from their website, and then "import" that into Fund Manager. You wouldn't use the New Portfolio Wizard in this case. You would just use "File / Import / Transactions / <File Format>...". Your broker may make a download available in either OFX, QIF, or CSV/TXT format, all of which you can import into Fund Manager. Given a choice between formats, the OFX format is the easiest, followed by QIF, and then CSV/TXT.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby FrankenBoot » Thu Dec 13, 2018 1:51 pm

Most of the investments that I have can be tracked via websites such as MorningStar. Would it be possible to manually add with internet functionality (buy/sell price eg)?
FrankenBoot

Postby Mark » Thu Dec 13, 2018 2:24 pm

Yes, you can manually create the investments, and record your buys/sells. You can get pricing data retrieved from a wide variety of quote servers we support. See the Getting Started - Manual Entry Tutorial and the Retrieving Prices Tutorial.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby FrankenBoot » Thu Dec 13, 2018 2:28 pm

Thanks
FrankenBoot

Return to General