Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Alert Trigger Changes Initial Data Type Settings

General questions about using Fund Manager that do not fit into any other forum.

Postby hipped1 » Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:21 am

In General Preferences, Other tab, I set the Initial "Data Type" in Data Register to All Transactions. This is the default

I have price alerts set for my investments. When a alert trigger notification is generated, and if I click on the alert to view, the program loads the price history for the investment triggering the alert. (I would think the view function would take me to the alert page rather than the price menu here?)

Once I have viewed the investment generated by the alert, I've noticed that the initial "Data Type" in the General Preferences Menu has been changed to Prices. So it appears that by clicking on the view button for an alert trigger notification that the general preferences has been changed. I then need to go to general preferences and change it back each time.

Can you please take a look at this and let me know if I need to change some settings to avoid the problems I am experiencing? Ideally I'd like the price alert to take me to the alert menu, but more importantly I'd prefer that my general preference settings not be changed by the alert monitor functionality.

Thanks!
Mark
hipped1

Postby Mark » Tue Nov 06, 2018 4:35 pm

Hi hipped1,

What version of Fund Manager are you using? I'm not in the office this week, but can investigate next week. I will update this post then. Sorry for the delay.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby hipped1 » Tue Nov 06, 2018 4:59 pm

Profession Version 2018.15.4.100
Quote module 534
Transaction module 235
hipped1

Postby Mark » Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:31 am

Hi hipped1,

I was able to see the same issue. We will have this fixed for the next release, so opening the Data Register from the Alert dialog will not change the initial data type preference.

This alert dialog does open up the Data Register to the "Prices" data type. I can see a case for both Prices and Alerts as the initial data type here. Maybe we could add another option, like right clicking on the alert, and saying "View Alert..." that would open up the Data Register and select/display this alert.
Thanks,
Mark
Mark
Site Admin

Postby hipped1 » Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:53 pm

Thanks for addressing the primary issue (initial data type preference reset) in the next release.

I think what you outlined as a potential enhancement would be a third box on the alert trigger notification? So in addition to Done, View on the bottom it might also have View Alert? That would be a time saver if it makes sense to incorporate in a future release.

As always, thanks for the prompt reply and consideration for improvements.

Mark
hipped1

Postby Mark » Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:56 pm

Hi hipped1,

We could add a 3rd button, or it may be cleaner to move this 3rd command to a right mouse menu item. We can give it some thought.
Thanks,
Mark
Mark
Site Admin

Return to General