Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Installation fmnpro2018p4.exe

General questions about using Fund Manager that do not fit into any other forum.

Postby Web » Fri Oct 19, 2018 5:42 pm

I attempted to install the new version but was blocked by windows 10 controlled folder. I gave the fmnpro2018p4.exe file access through windows firewall & attempted installation with the same error message being produced, "Controlled Folder Access blocked fmnpro2018p4.exe making changes to folder %userprofile%\documents". My .dat & .mm4 files are in the "fundmanager" folder in "documents folder. Just for information I updated a different application last night using the same procedure I am trying to do with fund manager & did not have any problem. I do have "Controlled Folder Access" turned on & need to leave it that way.
Web

Postby Mark » Fri Oct 19, 2018 7:11 pm

Hi Web,

Windows may be blocking the download since it is so new, and it hasn't had time to build up a reputation. You might need to tell Windows it is okay to install it. A quick Google search brought this up:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/hel ... s-security
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby Web » Sat Oct 20, 2018 7:24 am

Hi Mark,
Thanks for your response. I will wait a week or two & try installing after the file has aged some.
Web

Return to General