Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

file conversion error when upgrading

General questions about using Fund Manager that do not fit into any other forum.

Postby bikeinxs » Sat Jul 28, 2018 6:07 pm

I downloaded the latest version back in April of this year. I was upgrading from (I think) the 2014 version. There were problems with some of the files at the time but I thought they were all very old investments that were sold long ago and had not had any activity and I didn't worry about it. I now realized that some investments with holdings were part of this. In total there were about 40 investments that couldn't be opened by the latest version.

I tried to do a restore but I can't access the restores created with the older version of fund manager.

I can't understand how 40 investment files would have suddenly been corrupted, coincidentally the same day I upgraded FM. 81 investment files came across just fine. I have managed to rebuild the most critical file.

I realize this all happened three months ago. Suggestions?
bikeinxs

Postby Mark » Sat Jul 28, 2018 8:01 pm

Hi bikeinxs,

I can't say why the file was not able to be opened. You could try opening it with the version used to create it. If you can open it with the old version, but not the current version please email us an example problematic file. The current version should be able to open any valid investment file created with any version of Fund Manager. If the file was somehow corrupted, and can't be opened in the creating version, it wouldn't be able to be opened in the current version either.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Return to General