Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

How to Enter a Bond Fund

General questions about using Fund Manager that do not fit into any other forum.

Postby rwcrooks » Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:57 pm

Is there a built-in way of classifying an investment as a bond fund. The bond classification works great for single bonds, but I would really like to be able to enter some data (like duration, etc) on the funds.

I've been poking around FM for a while now and haven't found a solution. I even queried the message board for "bond fund" but got 555 hits and tried to narrow it down without luck.

If you've already answered this, sorry for re-asking. You've been great in the past answering questions.

Rich
rwcrooks

Postby Mark » Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:22 pm

Hi Rich,

There is no default "Bond Fund" investment type, but you can define one. See "Options / Investment Type..." to define your own investment type. You're really just changing the name, as all investments really work the same. If you want to keep track of some metric that isn't tracked by Fund Manager already you can use the "Custom" investment properties. You can define these under "Options / Custom Investment Properties..." and then set the value for any of these properties under "Investment Properties... / Custom". You can report on these custom investment properties in a Custom report, or in the Portfolio Editor.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Return to General