Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Unable to specify lots for same day transaction

General questions about using Fund Manager that do not fit into any other forum.

Postby hipped1 » Tue May 22, 2018 9:34 am

I recently purchased a security instead of selling a security with my broker. Once I realized the mistake, I sold the security a few minutes later.

The next day, after downloading the transactions from my broker, I tried to specify lots to close the buy/sell which occurred the same day. The redemptions window shows the sales transaction but the purchases window does not show the buy transaction for that date.

If I adjust the date of the purchase to the prior day, it does then show in the purchases window.

Is there a setting I need to change in order to see the purchase made the same day as the sale.

Thanks
Mark
hipped1

Postby Mark » Tue May 22, 2018 9:55 am

Hi Mark,

If you have transactions on the same date, the order of entry becomes important. Just edit your later sell transaction. Just make any edit, like adjusting the memo and press OK. This will move it to the end of the day (internally), later than any other transaction recorded on that date. If you're sorting transaction by date in the Data Register, the sell transaction should be listed in order as though it was recorded later than the purchase.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby hipped1 » Tue May 22, 2018 10:44 am

Thanks, that solved my issue.
hipped1

Return to General