Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Missing ACCTINFORS in reply (Fidelity 401k)

General questions about using Fund Manager that do not fit into any other forum.

Postby mikej » Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:49 pm

Hi Mark -
I've run into another problem with retrieving transactions from Fidelity. The problem is with just the accounts related to my 401k at Fidelity. Other accounts at Fidelity are working fine.

The message is Missing ACTINFORS in reply. Here's the log file
ofxretr.txt
(567 Bytes) Downloaded 324 times

Any other reports of this? There was one message back in 2011 about this and it appeared to be a problem at Fidelity that was intermittent. I've had this problem for about 3 weeks now.

Thanks,
Mike J
mikej

Postby Mark » Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:04 am

Hi Mike J,

If you look in that response, there is an error that says:

Error while getting ofx brokerage link accounts in dao

I'm not quite sure what that means, but it seems there is some internal error happening on Fidelity's OFX server. Do you maybe need to be using "Fidelity NetBenefits" instead of "Fidelity Investments"?
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby ASU » Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:51 am

I am having the same issue. Any update on what the problem might be.
ASU

Postby Mark » Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:15 am

Hi ASU,

Did an account that used to work just stop, or is this the first time you're setting up this account?

No update from here. It seems to be either a wrong choice for interface, account number, or some problem with Fidelity. You can look in the transaction retrieve log file, and see if you're getting any sort of error message. You might also try calling Fidelity, and ask them for instructions on retrieving with Quicken, and then use those same instructions in Fund Manager.
Thanks,
Mark
Mark
Site Admin

Postby ASU » Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:57 pm

It is happening with all the Fidelity accounts. They have all been set up for years. All the account numbers are correct. I tried to use Fidelity Investments as opposed to Net benefits, which it is now. None of this helped.

Do you know what the ACCTINFORS is referring to, so if I call Fidelity I can tell them what error I'm seeing.
ASU

Postby Mark » Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:09 pm

Hi ASU,

The error message about a missing ACCTINFORS just means the data returned from Fidelity didn't have some expected information (account information response). I would suggest looking in the log (Help / Logs / Transaction Retrieve) and see what the error message says in there.

You can also try retrieving with an empty account number, and Fidelity will give a list of all account numbers associated with your login, which you can then choose from. It may be the account number is not formatted exactly as expected by Fidelity, and this could clear it up.
Thanks,
Mark
Mark
Site Admin

Postby mikej » Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:01 pm

Hi Mark -
I have several different accounts at Fidelity. All worked in the past. Those that are setup to retrieve from Fidelity NetBenefits no longer work. Those that are setup for Fidelity Investments still work.

Changing those that were working on Fidelity NetBenefits to Fidelity Investments doesn't fix the problem.

This is looks like a problem on the Fidelity side (again). I'll give them a call tomorrow. Sigh.

Thanks,
Mike J
mikej

Postby LogitecTrackBall » Thu Mar 29, 2018 9:25 am

Hi,
Having same issue. Netbenefits was working good and then received same error. Checking in to see if there was any feedback from Fidelity on this ?
Entering transactions manually for time being.
Thank you.
LogitecTrackBall

Postby Mark » Thu Mar 29, 2018 9:34 am

Hi LogitecTrackBall,

It seems to be some intermittent issue with Fidelity. If you try it multiple times, does it ever work? Can you post or email us your transaction retrieve log after you get this error?
Thanks,
Mark
Mark
Site Admin

Postby data8504 » Sat Apr 07, 2018 1:00 am

Hi everyone,

I've been having this issue too for the past few weeks. Yes, it's definitely intermittent, and I haven't been able to figure out the pattern. Fidelity isn't fessing up to this problem either... Unlike previous OFX retrieve issues on the retail side, this one is on the institutional (NetBenefits) half of Fidelity, and they don't even have dedicated tech support.

I did convince somebody to submit a back office work item, though. I suggest everyone in here calls and references that: W282992-29MAR18.

I will post an update once I get a phone call back on the above ticket. As you can see, it was opened over a week ago, and I've heard nothing yet.

-Matt
data8504

Postby data8504 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:06 pm

Word from Fidelity today is that an "analyst" has been assigned to this issue. No other update at this time.

-Matt
data8504

Postby mikej » Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:17 pm

data8504 wrote:Word from Fidelity today is that an "analyst" has been assigned to this issue. No other update at this time.

-Matt

Thanks for the update. I have not been able to get this to work at all since 3/2.
mikej

Postby sgurd4oilop » Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:43 am

Something definitely changed overnight 4/12/18 to 4/13/18. For the past several weeks I have been getting the No ACCTINFO error message. On occassion (every 3-4 days) I was able to download successfully. Today, doing my normal check, I get this error message: "Signon invalid. Error occurred logging in." I am indeed able to login successfully by going to the webpage and signing in with my normal credentials. Just not with the OFX downloading capability in FM. I only have Fidelity NetBenefits accounts, so I cannot attest to other accounts at Fidelity. Multiple sequential download requests in FM have resulted in success in the past.

I talked to Fidelity NetBenefits side and they gave me the canned answer - "if it ain't Quicken, we cannot help you. Call your software's support." I am tempted to download a trial version of Quicken to see if OFX downloading is successful and if not, then open a support ticket with Fidelity.

Hopefully this can get resolved soon, but Fidelity has never been the most responsive on this type of issue on the NetBenefits side in the past from my experience.
sgurd4oilop

Postby Mark » Fri Apr 13, 2018 2:19 pm

Hi sgurd4oilop,

I see this same problem (Error occurred logging in). I tested it in Quicken, and also get the same exact error message. It seems there is some issue with Fidelity Netbenefits at the moment, so we contacted Fidelity, and this was their response:

Thank you for your patience today. Fidelity Investments is aware there is an ongoing issue with NetBenefits connecting to Quicken. We do not have a fix at the moment, but our tech team is contacting Quicken in an attempt to come up with a solution. I would recommend contacting Quicken support if you have not done so yet.

I suspect given a day or so the issue should get resolved. Please let us know if it doesn't, and we can check again.
Thanks,
Mark
Mark
Site Admin

Postby sgurd4oilop » Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:55 am

I am using a Quicken like banking program and this problem is also affecting the NetBenefits OFX downloads in it. Here is what the devs for that program have reported back:

--------------------
Hi All,

We have had a number of customers report this issue with the Fidelity Netbenefits connection. I've checked our connection information in Moneydance and it does appear up to date.

As Robert has highlighted, from looking online it would seem Moneydance is not the only personal finance software encountering this issue with Fidelity Netbenefits. Customers have reported this to Fidelity and have been informed that they are aware of this situation and currently working on a fix.
sgurd4oilop

Next

Return to General