Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Missing ACCTINFORS in reply (Fidelity 401k)

General questions about using Fund Manager that do not fit into any other forum.

Postby tommydom » Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:22 am

I have been having the same problem with both Fund Manager and with Quicken. Someone on the Quicken boards indicated a problem with Fidelity's Direct Connect backend processing. Someone else pointed to this article about a new method of authentication for accessing personl account data.

https://www.fidelity.com/security/fidel ... a-security

I'm not sure what the issue, and solution is here...

Tommy.
tommydom

Postby Mark » Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:35 am

Hi Tommy,

The issue is with Fidelity, and only they can fix it. The link you sent likely refers to their website login. The OFX login protocol is defined in a public standard document (www.ofx.net) and has not changed.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby data8504 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:36 am

It is unlikely that this is related:

a) Fidelity "Access" is a replacement for UI automation that most sites (like Mint, etc.) use. This doesn't replace the OFX backend.
b) If this were in fact the problem, it's likely it would impact retail accounts (IRAs, etc.) also. It does not.

Thanks, -Matt
data8504

Postby sgurd4oilop » Mon Apr 16, 2018 4:30 pm

This is reminiscent of Wells Fargo moving to dual factor authentication and it's rollout. WF requires a onetime for the computer, authorization with your login credentials for further OFX downloads. When Wells rolled this out, it was poorly communicated and numerous financial programs became "broken" regarding OFX downloading. It took awhile for Wells to admit this and then for the programs to build into their error reporting UI how the user can authorize the computer. It works well. It was communicated and rolled out very poorly by Wells. This seems to be much the same.

I am all for improved security. What I am totally frustrated at, is the lack of knowledge by the phone reps on this topic. Their canned answers are ALWAYS "if it ain't Quicken, it ain't our problem". When in fact, it is or was their problem. There are way too many financial programs besides Quicken that use OFX downloading capability. For the phone reps to not acknowledge that is very frustrating.

I use PocketSense to check OFX downloading capability. It still shows errors, specifying Invalid Account ID.

On a related note, http://www.ofxhome.com/index.php/institution/view/558 indicates that Fidelity is indeed continuing to update its certificate. Over the weekend the most recent certificate update was 4/13/2018. Today, the most recent certificate update is 4/15/18.
sgurd4oilop

Postby Mark » Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:05 pm

Fidelity NetBenefits appears to be working again.
Thanks,
Mark
Mark
Site Admin

Postby data8504 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:01 pm

Sadly not for me. :( Same ACCTINFORS error... -Matt
data8504

Postby data8504 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:08 pm

Well, correction I guess:

The "Signon invalid" error has indeed been resolved. This was a 100% error that blocked all transaction retrievals.

Now the "ACCTINFORS" error is back, but it is again sporadic. At first (above response) it failed, then after a DNS cache clear (unrelated?), it worked suddenly. Now it's back to not working 5 minutes later.

At least I got all my portfolios up to date in those 5 minutes. :)

Still frustrating though... -Matt
data8504

Postby Mark » Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:08 am

Hi Matt,

I've not been able to reproduce the ACCTINFORS error here with our test cases. I wasn't able to before this latest "Signon invalid" error either though. I suspect this sporadic error is account specific. Maybe Fidelity can now figure out the source of this issue. It would be interesting to know if these problematic accounts show the same problem in Quicken.
Thanks,
Mark
Mark
Site Admin

Postby data8504 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:55 pm

Hi Mark,

You are correct. Can you test the following with the Drive share you've got access to?

Reconcile:
Master Portfolio > Hiltner > 2. Combined Intel Retirement Plans > 401(k) Standard Options ... will likely fail.
Master Portfolio > Hiltner > 4. Combined Oregon/HSD Retirement Plans > Hillsboro 403(b) TSA Plan ... will likely work OK.

My best guess is that plans that include a "Brokerage Link" account are subject to the ongoing error. This is only speculation, though.

At least this should allow you to monitor a passing/failing case pair.

-Matt
data8504

Postby Mark » Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:24 pm

Hi Matt,

I did as you suggested, and wasn't able to reproduce the problem. I successfully reconciled that account 3 times, but it was in the span of 5 minutes. I'll try again later, and see if the problem crops up at a different time. Maybe I just caught it at a time when it was working.
Thanks,
Mark
Mark
Site Admin

Postby Mark » Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:32 am

Hi Matt,

I've tried several more times, at different times of the day, and haven't been able to reproduce the problem. Are you still able to reproduce the problem?
Thanks,
Mark
Mark
Site Admin

Postby data8504 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:46 am

Well, uh... now I can't reproduce either.

Interestingly though, I got a phone call from Fidelity at 6:30 AM (a little early...) this morning saying "we're still working on it." So I'm not really sure.

In any case, I guess it's progress? Thanks for checking! -Matt
data8504

Previous

Return to General