Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

suggest- gui: Generic Import target portfolio

General questions about using Fund Manager that do not fit into any other forum.

Postby rlaggren » Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:51 am

It would be extremely helpful (to me, anyway) if this setting were:

1) sticky (from last used)

2) the current setting were displayed in the main import dialog to be readily noticeable and resetable

3) recent settings (perhaps up to 20? displayed in a drop-down list

OR: Pick this setting up (by default) from the presently selected portfolio, while still allowing it to be reset to some other. This would be ideal.

Currently, it's trivially easy to dump a load of prices into the wrong portfolio, usually the Master. I'm too new to FM to know whether this would be a common problem for others, but it definitely has bitten me often enough. I try hard to keep my data organized and, especially when first setting up, that involves a lot of loading and reloading.. Since price retrieval seems like a standard operation and csv files would seem a normal part of the process, especially when checking out new data sources, this might be a worthwhile enhancement.

Regards

Rufus
rlaggren

Postby Mark » Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:13 pm

Hi Rufus,

Thanks for the feedback.

1) The sub-portfolio defaults to whatever sub-portfolio is selected in the Portfolio Editor, Report, or Graph when you select the command.

2) Can you explain this one a bit more?

3) Okay, understood.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby rlaggren » Fri Feb 16, 2018 5:30 pm

> 1
I'll ck and see if I understand what you mean after dindin. It didn't seem to pick up any selected portfolio, but... Every time I went to import prices, it was back to pointing at the Master portfolio, regardless (I think, this is what I need to double check) of what portfolio I had selected in the P-editor.

>2
When importing prices (generic), the target portfolio does not appear in the main dialog - out of sight out of mind, you can't see "up front" where your prices are going and you have to click the Options button to access the setting, adding a click layer.

Thanks for your notes. I'll go back and see if I missed something. (How could _that_ be... ???) <g>

Rufus
rlaggren

Postby Mark » Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:26 am

Hi Rufus,

2) I see what you're describing, thanks.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Return to General