Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Pie Chart all one color

General questions about using Fund Manager that do not fit into any other forum.

Postby rlaggren » Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:15 pm

Like this:

FndMgr_pie-chart_blot.png
FndMgr_pie-chart_blot.png (22.28 KiB) Viewed 1638 times

I'm assuming that this is an artifact of running on Linux under Wine - and that you don't have this problem?

The first 5 options under Portfolio(context)/Graph-as/"PieChart" have this problem. The "Investment Type" appears OK, but the data has only two investment types. "SubPortfolio" works.

When clicking on the field with any of the problem pies, the info-dialogs display correctly (with various likely data from the pie areas that do not display in different colors on the pie chart).

If in fact you don't see this problem, and you don't think of any data-related reason for it, could you ask the developers what .dll files or helper libraries they use to display the pie chart? Then I can go to the Wine people and ask about this problem more cogently.

Properly displaying pie charts are very important to the value of Fm for me.

Thanks

Rufus
rlaggren

Postby Mark » Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:04 am

Hi Rufus,

This does seem to be a Wine specific problem. Please see this thread where the same issue was recently discussed. It seems to have to do with drawing a very small wedge, and instead of the small wedge being drawn, the whole pie, minus the small wedge is drawn.

The drawing function is in the main Fund Manager executable. We're using the standard Win32 API for display. Specifically it is the Pie function. If you're planning to contact the Wine support team, we could work with you at first to provide a log of all the Pie parameters as called by FM.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby rlaggren » Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:02 am

Mark

I'll try options from that thread. Greatly appreciate your offer to coordinate in finding the problem. Right now time is very tight. Adding one more project debugging Wine will be troublesome, so I hope the work-arounds work.

This looks like a bug with a smoking gun that _should_ be resolvable. With luck there'll be more time later in the spring to look at this.

Regards

Rufus
rlaggren

Return to General