Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Windows Defender does not like 2018.15.2

General questions about using Fund Manager that do not fit into any other forum.

Postby Ron AKA » Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:59 pm

I can't download the new update. 2018.15.1 installed fine last year. Has something changed? Suggestions?

Ron
Ron AKA

Postby Mark » Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:29 am

Hi Ron,

It probably doesn't like it because it is brand new, and doesn't have enough of a reputation (in terms of virus properties) yet. You can verify on virustotal, which is an online scanner that uses many different scan engines. See:

Personal Version
Professional Version
Advisor Version

If you are using Edge on Windows 10, from the list of Downloads, you can right mouse click on the file that is being flagged, and choose to download or run anyway.

Also, once you download the file, if you look at the "Properties..." of the setup program, make sure it has a valid "Digital Signature" from "Beiley Software". We digitally sign all of our products, so you can verify it is from us, and has not been tampered with.

You could also just wait a few days to download, and I suspect the problem with Windows Defender will go away as they have more time to analyze them.

We have submitted a false positive report, but they say it can take 1-2 business days to review.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby Ron AKA » Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:41 pm

Thanks Mark,

I tried the download again today and it worked fine.

Ron
Ron AKA

Return to General