Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

downloading transations from Voya

General questions about using Fund Manager that do not fit into any other forum.

Postby eelton » Sat Dec 02, 2017 4:58 pm

I'm trying to download transactions from my Voya employer-based retirement account, but no success.

They download successfully into Quicken, using [last 4 of Social Security #]@[plan number] as the account number, [user name]@ing as the username, and my password (not PIN) as the password.

In Fund Manager, I'm using Voya Institutional Plan Services in the "From" field. I've tried every combination of [last 4 of Social Security #]@[plan number] or [Social Security #]; [username]@ing or [username]@voya or just [username]; password or PIN; and lower case or upper case (based on a suggestion I found online), but nothing works.

For some, I get a response of "sign on invalid--userID/PIN is incorrect or your account is locked." For others (using [username]@ing or [username]@voya along with my password rather than PIN), I get "Failed to retrieve portfolio," which makes me think it's getting past the sign on step.

I'm using Fund Manager 2018.15.1.100 with transaction module 231.

Has anyone had success, or have any advice? Thanks.
eelton

Postby Mark » Sat Dec 02, 2017 5:15 pm

Hi eelton,

Which broker interface are you using in Quicken to successfully connect? They have both "Voya Financial Advisors" as well as "Voya Institutional Plan Services". Make sure whatever one you're successfully connecting to in Quicken is the same one you choose in Fund Manager. Notice, we have both of those also. I'm guessing you may need to just switch to "Voya Financial Advisors"?
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby eelton » Sat Dec 02, 2017 5:41 pm

I'm using Voya Institutional Plan Services in Quicken.

I also tried Voya Financial Advisors in Fund Manager, and it doesn't work. I get "Failed to retrieve portfolio"
eelton

Postby Mark » Sat Dec 02, 2017 6:18 pm

Hi eelton,

Okay, then use the same (Voya Institutional Plan Services) in Fund Manager. Try using the same info as Quicken for logging in with the username/password. I believe this is what they call the "Login ID" and "PIN". Try leaving the account number blank. This will cause FM to request a list of account numbers for your login details, and then you can pick from the list. It may be that they want the account number formatted a certain way.
Thanks,
Mark
Mark
Site Admin

Postby eelton » Sat Dec 02, 2017 6:30 pm

I have tried using the exact same format as Quicken: Voya Institutional Plan Services, [username]@ing, and password.

I tried leaving the account number blank. I still get "Failed to retrieve portfolio." I tried variations including [username]@voya or [username]@ing, with password or PIN. I also tried it with Voya Financial Advisors. Still no luck.
eelton

Postby Mark » Sat Dec 02, 2017 6:34 pm

Do you get a different error if you enter an incorrect username/password?

If you look under "Help / Logs / Transaction Retrieve (Raw)..." does that give any insight? If you compare it with the correct/incorrect login credentials, how does the response compare? If you look in the folder where these log files are located you will find one called ofxpost.txt. You can compare that to what Quicken is sending by looking under "Help / Logs / OFX Log..." in Quicken.
Thanks,
Mark
Mark
Site Admin

Postby eelton » Sat Dec 02, 2017 7:07 pm

Using an incorrect password gives "UserID/PIN is incorrect or your account is locked." Oddly, using an incorrect username (I used "test") gives "Failed to retrieve portfolio" instead.

Does logging need to be turned on somewhere? The file ofxretr.txt is blank, although the modification date/time shows it has been accessed.

ofxpost.txt does have info, although nothing that seems helpful to me (although I don't really know what I'm looking at). I can e-mail that file and the Quicken OFX logfile to you if desired.
eelton

Postby Mark » Sat Dec 02, 2017 7:12 pm

Sorry, yes. Turn on "Options / General Preferences... / Other / Create Log Files When Importing Transactions". See if the ofxretr.txt log file doesn't get saved after turning on that option.
Thanks,
Mark
Mark
Site Admin

Postby eelton » Sat Dec 02, 2017 7:18 pm

"Create log files when importing transactions" was already checked. I tried unchecking, closing the window, opening it again, and rechecking that option. The log file still remains blank--I assume because no transactions have been imported.
eelton

Postby Mark » Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:35 am

Hi eelton,

Do you have other accounts retrieving okay, not from Voya? Just wondering if it is a global connection problem from FM, or Voya specific.

Could you send me the ofxpost.txt and Quicken log files as email attachments? I will compare, and see if I can spot any differences. I will send you an email, so you can reply to that.
Thanks,
Mark
Mark
Site Admin

Postby eelton » Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:55 am

Fund Manager is retrieving transactions from my other accounts (Vanguard) without problems. I sent the files.

Thanks for your help with this.
eelton

Postby eelton » Fri Jun 08, 2018 7:00 pm

I just downloaded the latest update (2018.15.3.100) and transaction module 234, and importing from Voya now works.

Thanks for fixing this!
eelton

Return to General