Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Error 85a

General questions about using Fund Manager that do not fit into any other forum.

Postby fmuser » Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:40 am

Yesterday I was unable to update prices because of an FM an error message that said something about changing an Internet Explorer option to not run offline. That seemed bogus (I never fired up IE on this PC until the error message first appeared), so I rebooted the (Windows 10 pro) PC and had no issue updating prices.

However, now I'm seeing a pop-pup window that says "Error 85a" for some FM operations. I first noticed a couple of instances when opening customized/memorized report, but I think it pops up some other places too. The pop-up doesn't block presentation of the report, and the report data seems correct.

Any idea what's wrong?
fmuser

Postby Mark » Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:13 am

Hi fmuser,

That is an error happening when FM is trying to calculate the unrealized cost basis of some shares using the specified lot accounting method. Something happened unexpected. Are okay with sharing this investment file with us? I will send you an email to discuss.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby Mark » Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:38 pm

Just wanted to post an update on the resolution of this issue. This problem happened because of an accumulation of error when specifying lots. We have made the following update, which will be in the next official release (2018.15.2):

Increased share resolution displayed in Specify Lots dialog when necessary based on the recorded data. Allows specifying full precision of owned shares to avoid accumulating rounding errors between purchased shares and specified shares. Previously it was possible (especially when odd ratio split transactions were recorded) to get in a situation where the accumulation of un-specified shares could accumulate to the point where it wasn't possible to specify all sold shares.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Return to General