Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Crypto Symbols

General questions about using Fund Manager that do not fit into any other forum.

Postby 4Profits » Wed Nov 29, 2017 12:53 pm

Mark,
I love the new Crypto quote service feature. I am just having one problem and that is trying to find out what symbol to use. For example Bitcoin = Bitcoin, from the hard fork Bitcoin cash is Bitcoin-Cash bit from the next fork that yielded Bitcoin Gold I have tried BitcoinGold no luck, Bitcoin_Gold no luck and Bitcoin-Gold with no luck. I even tried the symbol BTG which yielded the wrong coin. Is there some place you can go on the web site to find the symbol or do you know the symbol. At one time I found a text doc on what the symbols were but I can't find it again on your web site and when I do a search for Crypto there is nothing in the help
Also Thanks for the ability to go to an investment from the alert popup. Would be nice if you could go to the graph.

Thanks,
Jim
4Profits

Postby Mark » Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:23 pm

Hi Jim,

Glad you like the new feature. For this quote server, see these instructions. In there you will see the link to the available id fields here. You need to record the appropriate "id" value as the symbol in Fund Manager. For example, the id value for Bitcoin Gold is "bitcoin-gold".

Thanks for the feedback/idea on the alert popup window.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Return to General