Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

ERROR: Could not create internet output log file

General questions about using Fund Manager that do not fit into any other forum.

Postby nebfinfm » Sat Nov 11, 2017 7:21 am

Hi Mark, when retrieving prices I'm getting messages:

"Could not create internet output log file "C:\Users\Namexxxx\AppData\Roaming\Fund Manager\intlog.txt"
Please verify that you have write permission to this file, and it is not in use or locked by another application."

However, the "intlog3.txt" file appear automatically in the "C:\Users\Namexxxx\AppData\Roaming\Fund Manager" anyway. Furthermore the "intlog3.txt" open when asked "Would you like to view the internet retrieve log file?"

Could you explain please?
Thanx Nebfinfm
nebfinfm

Postby Mark » Sat Nov 11, 2017 11:58 am

Hi Nebfinfm,

Try this:

1) Exit Fund Manager
2) Delete all the files in the folder:

C:\Users\Namexxxx\AppData\Roaming\Fund Manager

3) Start up Fund Manager again, and try retrieving.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby nebfinfm » Sat Nov 11, 2017 11:34 pm

Hi Mark,
your suggestion didn't work, error message "Could not create internet output log file ....." appear again. FYI here is the list / size of 4 new files created after retrieval (notice that intlog.txt is empty.)

comm_dll.txt - 1KB
intlog.txt - 0KB
intlog_debug.txt - 1126KB
intlog3.txt - 7KB

Thanks Nebfinfm

ps. While ago I noticed that Gmail is attempting to send your messages to Spam. Here is Gmail notice: "This message was not sent to Spam because of a filter you created. Edit Filters"
nebfinfm

Postby Mark » Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:31 am

Hi Nebfinfm,

Okay, please try this:

1) Exit Fund Manager
2) Delete the folder:

C:\Users\Namexxxx\AppData\Roaming\Fund Manager

3) Start up Fund Manager again, and try retrieving.

Are you using any sort of automatic backup software, like Carbonite that could be attempting to backup those files when they're created?

That message from Gmail is mentioning a filter you have, it isn't anything we can control. I'm not sure how to prevent Gmail from attempting to put our emails in the spam folder. Are you talking about the notification emails you get from this forum?
Thanks,
Mark
Mark
Site Admin

Postby nebfinfm » Sun Nov 12, 2017 11:04 am

Hi Mark,

unfortunately error "Could not create internet output log file" still didn't go away.
* I'm not aware of using any. automatic backup service.
* My computer run Windows 10 (64), Firefox and ESET antivirus - all latest version.
* My FundManager is personal version 2018 evaluation copy.
* I'm emailing to you directly "intlog3.txt file."

Yes, I prevented Gmail to move to spam FM mail / notification notices - by creating filter for FM mail "Never send it to spam". FYI had to prevent 6x Gmail dumping important emails from others, it is very annoying.

Regards Nebfinfm
nebfinfm

Postby Mark » Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:55 am

Hi Nebfinfm,

Thanks for the log file. It seems to happen when you get to importing from "<local file>". You have some investment set to retrieve from a local file. Is that your intention?

Retrieving from server: (<local file>)
Requesting: "¿"
ERROR:Could not create internet output log file 'C:\Users\Nebous\AppData\Roaming\Fund Manager\intlog.txt'
Please verify that you have write permission to this file, and it is not in use or locked by another application.
WARNING - Unable to update: "¿"
WARNING: Server used but did not update any prices: (<local file>)

What is the "local file" path you've selected to import from? Would it happen to be the same as this log file?
Thanks,
Mark
Mark
Site Admin

Postby nebfinfm » Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:37 am

Hello Mark,

Because I couldn't import certain investments from any FM supported quote servers, I specified <local files>. Now, I canceled importing in those investments and error message is no more!!

Thanks. Nebfinfm

ps: Gmail is sending to spam only messages from ***. Confirmation message from *** come through okay
nebfinfm

Return to General