Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

ASSET TYPE/SECTOR RETRIEVE

General questions about using Fund Manager that do not fit into any other forum.

Postby condor116 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:52 am

When I do an Edit/Internet Retrieve/Asset Type or when I do the same except for Sector, I use Morningstar. I get <uncategorized> on a number of new Funds/ETF's BUT if I have Funds/ETF's that already have a category in Asset type or Sector, that category will be wiped out and replaced with <uncategorized>. I understand that maybe some will be too new to yet be categorized by Morningstar, but why wipe out what I have already downloaded ??? I have tried all three server options.

Thank you for your time
Gary
condor116

Postby Mark » Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:47 am

Hi Gary,

You have control over this. Notice in the dialog that comes up when you initiate a retrieve there is an option:

"If Retrieve Fails:"

You can set that to either "change investments to <uncategorized>" or "leave investments un-changed". It sounds like you want the 2nd choice.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby wizard348 » Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:49 pm

I have screwed something up for sure.

Now I can't get any asset types or sectors to download when I "Edit" "Internet Retrieve" and I retrieve from Morningstar.com.

When I first started using this feature, I thought I had died and gone to heaven, it worked so good. Now it doesn't work at all.

What have I done Wrong ???

I love the Pro Model of the software. It is well worth the extra money and I am just one guy with a few family portfolio's. I am not what would be considered a Pro.
wizard348

Postby wizard348 » Sun Oct 15, 2017 5:52 am

I figured it out about 5 minutes after I went to bed last night at 1:35 AM.

In "Investment Properties", the block to the right of "Symbol" is called "Type:". For Mutual Funds or ETF's that are Indexes, I change that "Type:" box, to "Index". That box has to be "Fund, Stock or ETF". SOOOOOOO.... When I changed the "Type:" box to "No-Load Mutual Fund" it downloaded just like it was suppose to.

I'll bet it does the same thing with the Mutual Funds or ETF's that I have named "Bond". I guess I will add "Idx" or "Bd" to the title so I will know which sub-portfolio they go in.

I'm sorry I wasted your time.

Gary
wizard348

Postby Mark » Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:08 am

Hi Gary,

Glad you figured it out. Yes, the Asset/Sector retrieve depends on the "Investment Type" investment property to retrieve correctly.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby wizard348 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 2:17 pm

Maybe I shouldn't have the ability to change the "Investment Type" property...

I still LOVE your Pro software even though I am not a Pro. It is well worth the additional cost.
wizard348

Return to General