Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Editing transactions

General questions about using Fund Manager that do not fit into any other forum.

Postby timbro » Mon Sep 04, 2017 11:40 am

Hi, I'm fairly new to fund manager and I am wondering if I am doing something wrong or this is the correct behavior of the software.

When I make a new buy transaction it subtracts an equal amount from the default cash account. If i make a typo and go back into that transaction and edit it; The transaction in the cash account does not change but the memo does change. If I go in again and edit the transaction for a 2nd time it is completely removed from the cash account. So it seems that if there is any error in your transaction you must delete it and do it again.
timbro

Postby Mark » Mon Sep 04, 2017 3:15 pm

Hi timbro,

That isn't how it should work... If you edit the transaction the cash side should also update. A couple of possibilities are:

- Make sure you edit the non-cash side of the transaction. Edit it in the stock/fund, not the cash investment. If you edit the cash side, it does not update the stock/fund side.

- Maybe you have multiple cash transactions for the same amount on the same date? There isn't a "hard" link between the 2 parts of a transaction. If you edit a transaction FM looks for a matching date/amount in cash, and then edits that cash transaction.

Maybe give it another try, and see if it isn't working as I've described above.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby timbro » Mon Sep 04, 2017 3:56 pm

I figured out the issue I was having. If i go edit the transaction and change either the price or number of shares i have to click the value box before clicking ok. I was adjusting the number of shares and afterwords it changed the share price instead of the value.
timbro

Return to General