Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Different settings for different reports

General questions about using Fund Manager that do not fit into any other forum.

Postby Mary Kennedy » Wed Aug 30, 2017 12:07 pm

I recently created a report of my purchase history. The first purchase I recorded with FM occurred in 2001, so I have 17 years of buy and sell data in this report. To make this, of course, I have to "view hidden data."

I love this report. It is very informative. HOWEVER, now ALL my reports include all those records as well. Is there a way I can draw on old data just for this one report, and then have all other reports focus only on things I currently own?
Mary Kennedy

Postby Mark » Wed Aug 30, 2017 1:34 pm

Hi Mary Kennedy,

You should be able to turn off "View / Hidden Investments/Portfolios" and still see all your transactions in the Investment Transaction report. Is that the report you are asking about? If so, that report shows all transactions requested, regardless of the hidden state of the investment.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby Mary Kennedy » Thu Aug 31, 2017 3:50 am

The question is whether I can set the view differently for different reports. For ONE report, I want to see hidden investments, but for the SECOND report, I want to see only current holdings. I have tried switching the VIEW setting back and forth but it doesn't seem to adjust very well and I have to re-create each report each time (I think). Is there a way to put that setting WITHIN each report, rather than as an over-arching generic setting?
Mary Kennedy

Postby Mark » Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:41 am

Hi Mary Kennedy,

No, the option "View / Hidden Investments/Portfolios" is global. It is not available on a per-report basis. You should be able to just switch that setting on/off as needed. If that isn't working, make sure you have the desired investments set to hidden. You might want to watch this tutorial on hiding investments. Let me know if you still have troubles.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Return to General