Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Is Fund Manager usable with cryptocurrencies ?

General questions about using Fund Manager that do not fit into any other forum.

Postby mattvi » Wed Aug 09, 2017 2:19 pm

Hello,

I've discovered this software on a french trading forum. But before trying the demo and then paying the license, I wonder if this software could fit with my special use : cryptocurrencies.
Can your software support them and recuperate their data ?

Thank you,
Best regards
mattvi

Postby Mark » Wed Aug 09, 2017 2:39 pm

Hi mattvi,

You can track any type of investment, including cryptocurrencies. I'm not sure if any of our supported quote servers offer these quotes, but I would guess that at least one of them does. You can also manually update prices if you can't find them on a quote server. For links to all the quote servers, see:

https://www.fundmanagersoftware.com/intrtv.html

Actually, I just looked on Yahoo, and they appear to offer a bitcoin price. They use the symbol:

BTCUSD=X

Which is what you would record in Fund Manager to get pricing data. They don't appear to have historical prices, but you can get current quotes.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby mattvi » Wed Aug 09, 2017 3:03 pm

Alright. Unfortunatly, the only BTC price is not enough for my use. But I know an API (https://api.coinmarketcap.com/v1/ticker/) which support every cryptocurrency for free in real-time and I already use it with Excel. Is it possible for me to add manually this quote server to the software ?
mattvi

Postby Mark » Wed Aug 09, 2017 5:06 pm

Sorry, you can't add your own quote server. You can import from a CSV file though. See "File / Import / Prices / Generic...".
Thanks,
Mark
Mark
Site Admin

Postby mattvi » Thu Aug 10, 2017 3:08 am

Ok, thank you for your answers, I'll think about it.
mattvi

Postby 4Profits » Thu Aug 31, 2017 1:58 pm

Mark,
I would also like to have a quote server that supports crypto currencies I currently use https://coinmarketcap.com/ as my source for my daily entries maybe you could use that site as a quote server. Also I want to add a Crypto to the Type field. Where do you edit it.
Thanks,
Jim
4Profits

Postby Mark » Thu Aug 31, 2017 2:10 pm

Hi Jim,

Okay, thanks for the feedback. You edit the investment type names under "Options / Investment Type...".
Thanks,
Mark
Mark
Site Admin

Postby Mark » Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:03 pm

We've released a beta version of Fund Manager 2018 that adds support for Coin Market Cap as a quote server. See these instructions for using this server:

https://www.fundmanagersoftware.com/int ... CoinMktCap
Thanks,
Mark
Mark
Site Admin

Postby 4Profits » Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:28 pm

Mark,
Thanks for the crypto.
Did you also add support to go to an investment that hits an alert. FYI if you have an alert for P&G at 80 and the alert is triggered you get a popup. Can you click on the symbol in the alert and go directly to that investment no matter which portfolio it is in that triggered it. IF you track multiple portfolio's it would be nice.

Thanks,
Jim
4Profits

Postby Mark » Thu Sep 07, 2017 2:20 pm

Hi Jim,

Yes, on the change list for the new version there is:

"Alert popup dialog improvement. Click on the new "View…" button or double click the alert in the list view to open alerting investment in the Data Register."
Thanks,
Mark
Mark
Site Admin

Return to General