Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Cannot retrieve data from Vanguard

General questions about using Fund Manager that do not fit into any other forum.

Postby DGreenfield » Sat Jul 22, 2017 12:00 pm

I cannot retrieve data from my Vanguard accounts today. It has not been a problem previously. The account settings have not changed. What should I do to fix this problem?
The error message I get is: "Vanguard server encountered an error"
DGreenfield

Postby aviator » Sat Jul 22, 2017 12:35 pm

I successfully retrieved transactions from them around 1030 Eastern today. I also downloaded and installed the latest transaction retrieve module before requesting transactions. I believe the latest module specifically fixed a Vanguard issue.
aviator

Postby Mark » Sat Jul 22, 2017 5:00 pm

Hi DGreenfield,

Did you download the latest transaction module (225)? You can verify under "Help / About..." what version of the transaction module you have. If you don't have 225, please use "Help / FM on the Web / Check for Updates..." to get 225. That should resolve the Vanguard issue. Please let me know if it does not.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby Tom333 » Mon Jul 24, 2017 10:16 am

I have the same problem. I cannot download any data from Vanguard since my accounts were upgraded to brokerage accounts. I have installed transaction module 225.
I tried my old vanguard brokerage numbers for both my wife and myself and that didn't work either.
Tom333

Postby Mark » Mon Jul 24, 2017 10:19 am

Hi Tom333,

That sounds like it may be a different issue than what was fixed in the 225 update. What is the exact error message you receive?
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby aviator » Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:55 am

Hi Mark,

As a way of sharing knowledge, here's what I know about Vanguard:
- They are migrating certain accounts to a new brokerage platform.
- From what I understand, all accounts will eventually be on the same platform.
- My accounts have not yet migrated, but they tell me it's coming. It should be noted that the message I posted about successfully retrieving transactions last Saturday was on Vanguard's old platform and with the latest transaction module in FM.
aviator

Postby Tom333 » Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:22 pm

I got my accounts at Vanguard working. I changed my password to just letters and numbers.

I made it ten numbers and letters, no special characters. It worked and I was able to retrieve my 2 grandson's accounts, which were only 4 and 6 years old respectively. I used their account number and the new letters and numbers only password.
It failed when I tried my new brokerage number so I used my old brokerage numbers for myself and my wife with the new password and the program was able to retrieve our accounts.
Tom333

Return to General