Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Investments saved as symbol rather than by name

General questions about using Fund Manager that do not fit into any other forum.

Postby penno7 » Sat Jul 22, 2017 12:14 am

Hi all,
I'm trying to manage my watched investments into portfolios based on sectors. ie UK smaller companies, Japan, US etc. All my investments are saved using their symbol as the naming convention, so its not possible to see their description/sector. I have personal version with a 500 limit, but watch over 5000 funds on offer to me to invest my ISA.
Therefore I have over 10 portfolios to update which are in alphabetical order since I imported all the investments using the transaction import string in roughly 450 blocks.
I cant get them all open at once to sort them into sensible portfolio locations. It would help if I could see the name of the investment in windows file manager, that way I could select them individually.
Can anyone help - Thanks
penno7

Postby Mark » Sat Jul 22, 2017 7:31 am

Hi penno7,

The easiest option would be to upgrade to the Professional version, where you can have all 5000 investments open at once, and use Fund Manager to manage them in a single portfolio file.

You can save your investments to any filename you want. If you're having them automatically created by Fund Manager during an import you can choose between:

<Symbol>.dat
<Symbol>_<Account #>.dat

Fund Manager investment files (*.dat) are binary files, that Windows Explorer doesn't know how to ready. You wouldn't be able to use Windows Explorer to view other Fund Manager type properties (like Investment Name) of these files.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Return to General