Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

System error code: 2

General questions about using Fund Manager that do not fit into any other forum.

Postby pauyo » Fri Jul 07, 2017 2:04 am

Hi,

Since my upgrade to Windows 10 Pro, I am unable to perform operation "Retrieve and update historical prices" - HST shortcut in the toolbar. "Retrieve and update prices" - shortcut PRC in the toolbar - seems to work fine, but not the historical prices. Pressing the HST shortcut results in an error message stating:

" Check that you are not "Working offline". In Internet Explorer un-check "File / Work Offline". "

The web browser that comes with the OS per default is Microsoft Edge not Explorer and I am unable to find a setting that enables/disables "Work Offline"!

Regards,
Paul
pauyo

Postby pauyo » Fri Jul 07, 2017 2:18 am

Correction regarding the error message. It states this:

"
System error code: 2
"

The message I mentioned in the original post is what pops up when I press the OK button in the error message.
pauyo

Postby Mark » Fri Jul 07, 2017 6:46 am

Hi Paul,

Please type in the Windows 10 search box "Internet Explorer", and start up that program, and access a website, like Yahoo Finance. Make sure you can browse okay with Internet Explorer. Even though Windows 10 comes with Edge, it still also has Internet Explorer. Starting up Internet Explorer and browsing to a site may clear up whatever is wrong. After you successfully use Internet Explorer, try re-starting Fund Manager, and see if that doesn't fix the price retrieve issue.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby pauyo » Mon Jul 10, 2017 2:19 am

Hi Mark,

I did what you suggested - It did not help. The problem seems to be the actual server I use. For some of my holdings I use Yahoo historical server, and that one does not work for me. When I replaced the Yahoo server with another one I could import the historical prices for my portfoios without any problems. Is this a known issue?

Regards,
Paul
pauyo

Postby Mark » Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:30 am

Hi Paul,

Yahoo (Historical) is missing prices for many mutual funds over the last week or so. This is a known issue, but you mentioned when using this server you were getting a system error code 2. That is something different. I would expect that if you get this system error code 2, you would get it for all servers. Are you still getting this error, or is it simply failing to retrieve some quotes?
Thanks,
Mark
Mark
Site Admin

Postby pauyo » Tue Jul 11, 2017 3:48 am

Hi Mark,

Previously, when I pressed the HST button on the toolbar, the opeartion failed according to my 2 original posts.
I noticed - in the pop-up that appears when FM tries to retrieave the historical prices - that it was quering Yahoo-historical server first thing and that was failing according to the status in the same pop-up. I think it was not appdating ANY prices at that point, just reporting the error, suggesting to check the "Working offline" setting in IE, and then try the same again.
Now, I had only a couple of holdings using Yahoo, so I went and configured them to use wsj instead. After that change the problem was completely gone - I was not getting any error message anymore.

Regards,
Paul
pauyo

Postby Mark » Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:44 am

Hi Paul,

Okay, glad you have it working now.
Thanks,
Mark
Mark
Site Admin

Return to General