Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Export day-to-dat investments value for an array of investme

General questions about using Fund Manager that do not fit into any other forum.

Postby PBarreda » Thu Jun 15, 2017 12:13 am

Hello:
I would like to export investments values (all the investments in a portfolio), day per day, in a way similar to the option “Export/Portfolio value”. That option now exports a two-column data array, showing date and value for a specific portfolio. I think (if I’m not wrong) the only way to do it now is going investment per investment, drawing a graph, and then export the graph data points.
If there is no way to do it, could it be possible, for future versions, to have something similar to the open select option in “import/transactions/generic” that would allow me to select (for example) “PORT;SYMB;ED;BNUM;VALUE”?
Thank you very much for your help
PBarreda

Postby Mark » Thu Jun 15, 2017 8:00 am

Hi PBarreda,

This format isn't available, but you can export prices for all investments using any of the "File / Export / Prices" menu items. You can select any sub-portfolio and date range and all the prices for each investment in the selected sub-portfolio will be exported for that date range. The CSV and MetaStock formats put all the prices in a format where there is one symbol/price per line. Multiple investments are on separate lines instead of separate columns as you're requesting. The SuperCharts format is similarly formatted, but every investment is saved to a separate file. Maybe one of these will work for you?
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby PBarreda » Fri Jun 16, 2017 5:49 am

Thank you for your reply: I was looking for something like the CSV and MetaStock formats, but that would also include the number of shares owned that day. But I can postprocess it in an excel worksheet.
PBarreda

Return to General