Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Printing problems

General questions about using Fund Manager that do not fit into any other forum.

Postby nebfinfm » Tue Apr 25, 2017 1:52 pm

Can I adjust printing output? When I try to print the fonts and columns are too large and overflow page (even when the page is set on landscape). Some columns are unnecessary wide even when I reduce the column (for example Type column) and then Memo column is truncated.....

Thank nebfinfm
nebfinfm

Postby Mark » Tue Apr 25, 2017 3:35 pm

Hi nebfinfm,

You can adjust the font using "Options / Report Font...". You can choose fewer columns to display, or you can narrow the columns if they don't need to be a certain width. You can also print to a bigger size paper, or use smaller margins.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby nebfinfm » Tue Apr 25, 2017 4:07 pm

Hi Mark,
everything you suggested I'm aware of, paper Im using is letter/A4 size. However there is a problem with column narrowing - during printing it expand to accommodate all text - for example: "Type" column when printing expands to full width "Interest Income Reinvested" although on screen it is just "Interest.."

Is there a way to adjust the font to smaller points?

Thanks nebfinfm
nebfinfm

Postby Mark » Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:28 pm

Hi nebfinfm,

If you manually resize a report column, it should stay that width when printing. If you have the option on to auto-size column widths whenever the report data changes, you will have to remember to size the columns before printing each time. You can turn this option off under "Options / Report Preferences... / General / Auto-Size Columns When Report Data Changes".

Yes, you can adjust the font to smaller point size under "Options / Report Font...".
Thanks,
Mark
Mark
Site Admin

Postby nebfinfm » Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:06 pm

Mark I think we have misunderstanding. The problem I described happens when I attempt to print all investment transactions in sub-portfolio, using option at the bottom More - Print..... I didn't try to print Report so, I don't know....

FYI I just bought new computer with Win10, and I'm still learning how to use it - everything is different.....

Thanks nebfinfm
nebfinfm

Postby Mark » Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:58 am

Hi nebfinfm,

Sorry, I thought you were printing a report. When you print transaction/pricing data it uses the "1 display" graph font. This is the font used when printing a single graph on a window at a time. So, to change the font, create a graph window, and make sure "View / Number of Displays / 1" is checked from within that graph window. Then, set the font under "Options / Fonts..".
Thanks,
Mark
Mark
Site Admin

Return to General