Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Storing data in the Cloud

General questions about using Fund Manager that do not fit into any other forum.

Postby Mary Kennedy » Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:53 am

I am trying to store my FM data on my OneDrive account, and then access it from two different computers. This seems to work for Computer A, but Computer B can't calculate ROIs or gains, which makes me think it doesn't "see" the same historical data that A sees.

I also notice when I look at the data folder itself, there are multiple individual files and even multiple copies of the whole portfolio (called "all my stuff."). Does each program save its own data? Is it possible to make them both use the same data? And is it possible to clean out some of these excess files without shooting myself in the foot?

Marys FM data files.pdf
(213.32 KiB) Downloaded 217 times
Mary Kennedy

Postby Mark » Thu Apr 06, 2017 11:28 am

Hi Mary,

Either the 2 computers aren't using the same data, or they may have separate options, like yield interpolation range settings. I'd suggest using the portable/cloud mode to store both your data and settings on your cloud drive, so you get identical results from wherever you access your data. We have instructions on setting this up here:

https://www.fundmanagersoftware.com/help/portable.html

If you set it up to a new folder on your cloud drive following those instructions you will only be left with investment/portfolio files you're actually using.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Return to General