Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Importing transactions question

General questions about using Fund Manager that do not fit into any other forum.

Postby larryw » Tue Apr 04, 2017 8:35 am

I have set up a new portfolio and imported a qfx file for the transfer in investments. The is no out of pocket cost. This method works fine except that the YTD performance report doesn't have a beginning balance so the actual performance shows NA.

When I put any investment value in any field (Transfer in Market value, OOP, or Tax basis cost) it's like FM hasn't imported it before and will import it again.

The only way I can keep FM from re-importing is to leave all the field at 0 but then I can't see the investment performance.

I have another portfolio with another brokerage that has Transfer In investments that seem to update activity properly but I can retrieve transactions vs import.

Any idea why FM would want to re-import this account?
larryw

Postby Mark » Tue Apr 04, 2017 8:47 am

Hi larryw,

When you import or retrieve, there is an option "Skip Transactions Already in Fund Manager". Normally this is left on, so that if you import/retrieve again over the same date range, you don't get duplicates. Fund Manager determines if a transaction has already been imported by comparing all the details of the transaction. If you modify it after import, it won't be identical to the importing transaction anymore. You can however just use the date range filter to only import/retrieve new transactions. This will allow you to modify imported transactions, and then not have them come in again if you import again with a QFX file that contains those modified transactions.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Return to General