Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Default Bulk Reconcile

General questions about using Fund Manager that do not fit into any other forum.

Postby ricbertsch » Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:15 am

For the Advisor Version is there a way to change the Default for Bulk Reconcile from Master to a Sub-Portfolio Folder?
Richard G. Bertsch CFP(tm)
ricbertsch

Postby Mark » Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:30 pm

Hi ricbertsch,

Are you asking about the initial setting for "Reconcile All Accounts in Sub-Portfolio" at the top of the Bulk Reconcile wizard? That does always default to your top-most sub-portfolio. If you're trying to reconcile a specific account, use "Reconcile..." instead of "Bulk Reconcile". Is there some reason you're not wanting to reconcile all accounts when doing the bulk reconcile? The bulk reconcile only looks at sub-portfolios with a recorded account number, so you normally leave this set to the top.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby ricbertsch » Wed Mar 15, 2017 6:11 am

I am doing Bulk Reconcile for our TD Institutional Accounts and have no problem doing the reconcile except that I wanted to eliminate the Master and automatically have the Default on the Bulk Reconcile be the 1st Sub-Portfolio listed under Master. That Sub-Portfolio is named "Clients" and contains all of our accounts to be reconciled. As I just started learning the software it is not a big concern to change the File from Master to Clients when doing the Bulk Reconcile. On the other hand I probably don't have to change it from master. I haven't tried doing the Bulk Reconcile using the current default of Master and will do that tomorrow morning and that may very well prove that this is all about nothing. Thanks
Richard G. Bertsch CFP(tm)
ricbertsch

Postby Mark » Wed Mar 15, 2017 7:26 am

Hi ricbertsch,

I expect you will find it works just fine if you leave it on Master Portfolio, without changing it. The reason is that the bulk reconcile ignores any sub-portfolios that don't have an account number, and your top Master Portfolio should not have an account number.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Return to General