Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

FM Advisor USers

General questions about using Fund Manager that do not fit into any other forum.

Postby paulk » Fri Feb 17, 2017 12:51 pm

Just curious as to whether any advisor level users have tried to run FM on a server to allow staff to work with the program. I realize the program itself if not truly network capable as you can;t have simultaneous users accessing the data but has anyone had any success running the programs with multiple users accessing at different times?

I LOVE the program, and the value , and the support however as my practice grows the fact that the program isn't networkable is becoming an issue. Anyone else having this problem?
paulk

Postby Mark » Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:46 pm

Hi paulk,

I know your question wasn't directed to me, but I wanted to mention some options.

Have you seen the portable/cloud mode, and the "data protection" feature? This is our pseudo-network mode. It allows you to share all the same data/preferences, and prevents users from conflicting with each other. However, it still does not allow simultaneous access to the same data. If you have someone that just needs simultaneous read-only mode you can use the backup/restore feature, so they can operate on a local copy of the data, to generate reports, etc. This is all described here:

https://www.fundmanagersoftware.com/faq_multiuser.php
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Return to General