Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Transfer saved information from old to new computer

General questions about using Fund Manager that do not fit into any other forum.

Postby Cole » Mon Jan 30, 2017 9:14 pm

Hello Mark,

I recently updated to 2016 Advisor version on new computer. When I transferred all the files, some of the information from investments used on the previous version are still entered, some are not.

For example, data such as Rebalance Allocation Targets are not present. On the previous version I had customized many different Asset Types, under investment properties. That data did not transfer. Yet other custom information for each investment I had entered on the previous version transferred such as expense ratio's and alpha.

I'm trying to avoid having to manually enter each investments asset type, percentage etc., that I'm using for each client.

Is there a certain folder from my old computer that I need to transfer?

Any suggestions would be of great help.

Thank you,

Cole
Cole

Postby Mark » Tue Jan 31, 2017 8:50 am

Hi Cole,

Did you transfer by using the backup/restore functionality, or just copying data files? If you use backup/restore it will also transfer all your global registry preferences, which includes things like your category labels. It sounds like these global registry preferences are what is missing. Please try using the new computer instructions here:

https://www.fundmanagersoftware.com/newcomputer.html
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby Cole » Tue Jan 31, 2017 5:10 pm

That was it, thanks for quick reply as usual!
Cole

Return to General