Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Search Question

General questions about using Fund Manager that do not fit into any other forum.

Postby cah1942 » Sun Jan 29, 2017 8:04 pm

Mark; I forgot to add this to my last question; every time I try to search for a topic so that I might not have to send you a question this is what I get. This seems pretty simple why can't I get an answer?

The following words in your search query were ignored because they are too common words: update.
You must specify at least one word to search for. Each word must consist of at least 3 characters and must not contain more than 14 characters excluding wildcards

Chuck
cah1942

Postby Mark » Mon Jan 30, 2017 9:17 am

Hi Chuck,

You're using the forum software's search engine. You may have better luck using the Google search of our site. On the bottom of every page, in the brown bar is a "Search" link. Try that one next time instead.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby DukeWeston » Thu Apr 11, 2024 6:14 am

Mark,

The Forum software search tool doesn't work well for commonly searched terms and can't handle phrases at all as far as I can tell.

I already knew about Google site search but had always been typing it manually as a URL - a bit tedious. Until I chanced across this thread I had not noticed the Google search link at the foot of the pages as on most sites links in footers are purely administrative.

How about moving or replicating that Google search link to the top right adjacent to the forum search box and labelling it something like "Site search" or "Google site search".
Thanks
Andy
DukeWeston

Postby Mark » Thu Apr 11, 2024 1:23 pm

Hi Andy,

Nice idea, thanks for the feedback.
Thanks,
Mark
Mark
Site Admin

Postby Mark » Thu Apr 11, 2024 2:04 pm

Hi Andy,

You should now see a link to "Google search" right under the standard forum search box at the top of each page.
Thanks,
Mark
Mark
Site Admin

Return to General