Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Dividends not recording in default cash account

General questions about using Fund Manager that do not fit into any other forum.

Postby vshumate » Sat Jan 07, 2017 7:44 pm

I import transactions from Quicken to Fund Manager. Cash dividends from stock (not reinvested dividends) aren't being recorded in the default cash account. This only seems to be the case if I import from Quicken. If I manually enter the dividend a corresponding transaction shows up the default cash account. Any suggestions?
Thanks,
Victor
vshumate

Postby Mark » Sat Jan 07, 2017 8:57 pm

Hi Victor,

When you import, notice on the bottom of the "Preview Importing Transactions" dialog there is an option to "Automatically Record Corresponding Entries in Default Cash Account". Do you have that checked?
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby vshumate » Sun Jan 08, 2017 8:42 am

That did it, Thanks.
vshumate

Postby Houstonwb » Wed Jan 27, 2021 4:50 pm

I have this problem downloading trx from a Schwab HSA account with cash and a single mutual fund. Interest payments show in cash. Dividends show in the mutual fund account. But dividends not reinvested do not show in the cash account.
When I save an edit of an old distribution in the mutual fund account, I select "Yes" to "Would you like to transfer the funds from this distribution to the default cash account: (correct cash account specified)." But no cash dividend is recorded in the cash account.
The cash account is set as the Default Cash Account in Portfolio Properties.
The "Preview Importing Transactions" does not show any transactions to import. "Automatically Record Corresponding Entries in Default Cash Account" is checked.
Import "Investment Banking Transactions" into Default Cash Account is checked.
This happens with Retrieved Transactions > Advanced Import Options, "Record Matching Purchase/Distribution as Reinvestment" checked and unchecked.
"Default Cash Distributions are Reinvested" is checked.
Houstonwb

Postby Mark » Wed Jan 27, 2021 5:51 pm

Hi Houstonwb,

Make sure your cash investment is designated as the "default cash account" in the properties of the sub-portfolio, and also make sure that when you retrieve transactions, at the bottom of the "Preview Importing Transactions" window you check the option to "Automatically record corresponding entries in default cash account".
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Return to General