Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Portfolio Editor

General questions about using Fund Manager that do not fit into any other forum.

Postby flight » Sat Jan 07, 2017 7:27 am

Mark,

In my portfolio editor, I noticed some of the portfolios are opened by default and some are folders are closed. Do you what governs this, and how I can adjust? ie if I wanted all to be open by default.

thanks
flight

Postby Mark » Sat Jan 07, 2017 8:08 am

Hi flight,

Whatever sub-portfolio you have selected when you save your portfolio file will be shown again by default. This means all that sub-portfolio's parents will be open. Everything else starts off closed when you open a portfolio file. There really aren't any options to control this, other than what you have selected when you save the portfolio file.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby flight » Sun Jan 08, 2017 6:58 am

I have attached a screen shot. The top portfolio is always open. the bottom two always closed. They appear to me to be subportfolios of the parent and should be treated the same. Any thoughts?
Attachments
Capture1.JPG
Capture1.JPG (15.82 KiB) Viewed 1722 times
flight

Postby Mark » Sun Jan 08, 2017 11:58 am

Hi flight,

Whatever sub-portfolio you have selected when you save the *.mm4 portfolio file will be opened the next time you open the portfolio file. So, you must have some sub-portfolio selected that is under the branch that is being opened. That is why that branch is being opened, and the others are not. Try this:

1) In the Portfolio Editor, select some sub-portfolio. Use "File / Save Portfolio".
2) Use "File / Exit" to quit Fund Manager
3) Re-start Fund Manager, and you should see that sub-portfolio you selected in step #1. Any parent of that sub-portfolio will be opened, so that you can see the selected one. All others will be closed, that aren't a parent of the one you selected.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Return to General