Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Questions about 9.1 personal version capabilities.

General questions about using Fund Manager that do not fit into any other forum.

Postby tedzo » Mon Sep 15, 2008 3:51 pm

Hello,
I have used the professional version a little in the past (at a friends place) and I want to now buy the Personal version. I have a few questions regarding the new personal version. Does it support the following-
1. Import data via text files (Generic import)
2. Add new transactions (buy/sell/dividends etc) via wizard/interactive dialogs.
3. Internet price retrieve (looks like this is supported. Just verifying...)
4. Retrieve transactions from various brokerages
5. Reports/graphs- cost/gain over various time intervals/various portfolios
6. I am not sure what it means when the website states "Retrieve Historical Div./Splits" is not supported by the personal version. Does it mean that if I own a stock and it splits or distributes a dividend, then I have to manually add such entries rather than FM automatically accounting for it?

Thanks.
tedzo

Postby Mark » Mon Sep 15, 2008 5:38 pm

Hi tedzo,

Yes, the Personal version supports all of these items. You can see the comparison page here:

http://www.fundmanagersoftware.com/versions.html

On #6: In the Professional/Advisor versions they support retrieving historical dividend and split data from the Yahoo (Historical) quote server. In the Personal version this feature is not available. You can still however manually record this data, retrieve it from your broker, or import it.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Return to General