Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Location of data following system upgrade

General questions about using Fund Manager that do not fit into any other forum.

Postby OneEyedMan » Wed Jan 04, 2017 8:46 am

Hi Mark

I have just upgraded my machine to Windows 10 and had to re-install Find Manager. This has generally been straightforward - I have successfully located my Master Portfolio file and all holdings and price data are fine. However, when I came to run a rebalancing report I found that my customised asset-type labels are no longer appearing and my asset allocation targets are also missing.

There are a lot of files in my Fund Manager folder that I can't identify, and I wonder if one of these might hold the missing data. It would be great if I could avoid re-entering all the labels and targets again! Please can you advise whether the data might be there, and if so how I can point the program towards it?

OneEyedMan
OneEyedMan

Postby Mark » Wed Jan 04, 2017 8:53 am

Hi OneEyedMan,

It sounds like your preferences did not get restored. By default your preferences are stored in the registry, and they remember things like your category labels. A Fund Manager backup file (*.FMB) contains these preferences, and you can restore them. Just use "File / Restore..." and pick a recent *.FMB file to restore from, before your Windows upgrade. Choose to only restore selected items, and pick only the global registry preferences item.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby OneEyedMan » Thu Jan 05, 2017 12:10 am

That looks great - thanks Mark!

OneEyedMan
OneEyedMan

Return to General